Published: Sunday June 1, 2014
Written by on Investor News
LONDON – 01 June 2015
GB GROUP PLC
(“GBGroup”, “GBG”, the “Group” or the “Company”)
Annual Results Announcement for the Year Ended 31 March 2015
GBGroup, the identity data intelligence specialist, is pleased to announce its annual results for the year ended 31 March 2015.
- Strong revenue growth and margin improvements resulted in profits ahead of market expectations
o 37% revenue growth to £57.3 million (2014: £41.8 million), with organic revenue growth of 15% (2014: 10%)
o 51% increase in adjusted† operating profits to £10.8 million (2014: £7.2 million)
o 35% increase in adjusted basic earnings per share to 8.8p (2014: 6.5p)
o 49% increase in profit before tax (after exceptional costs) to £5.9 million (2014: £4.0 million)
- Solid balance sheet and strong cash generation, resulting in cash balances of £15.8 million (2014: £11.8 million) after dividend payment (£2.0 million) and acquisition investing spend (£18.7 million)
- A progressive 12% increase to the proposed dividend for 2015 to 1.85 pence (2014: 1.65 pence)
- Successful acquisition and integration of DecTech and CDMS Limited (t/a Transactis) into the Group during the year.
- GBG selected by the UK Government as an identity assurance provider on the new GOV.UK Verify service.
- Notable client wins for the year include disruptive banking and payments providers Stripe and Holvi; retailers Waitrose and John Lewis; and the UK's Serious Fraud Office.
Commenting, Richard Law, Chief Executive, said:
“The Group has had a successful year and I expect this positive trend to continue. I am very pleased with the strong performance to the start of the new financial year which has included the important acquisition of Loqate Inc. in April 2015, extending GBG's suite of solutions and geographic reach. As we look to 2016 and beyond, I am confident that we have the right vision, and strategy and most importantly the right team in place to deliver our key objective of continued profitable growth.”
† Adjusted operating profit means profits before amortisation of acquired intangibles, share based payment charges, exceptional items, share of results from associates, net finance costs and tax.
For further information, please contact:
GB Group plc
Richard Law, Chief Executive
Dave Wilson, Group Finance Director & Operations Director
Peel Hunt LLP (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
020 7418 8900
Newgate (Financial PR Adviser)
020 7680 6550