Published: Monday June 3, 2013
Written by on Investor News
LONDON – 03 June 2013
GB GROUP PLC
(“GBGroup”, “GBG”, the “Group” or the “Company”)
Annual Results Announcement for the Year Ended 31 March 2013
GBGroup, the identity intelligence specialist, is pleased to announce its annual results for the year ended 31 March 2013.
- Strong revenue growth and margin improvements resulted in profits ahead of market expectations
- 24% revenue growth to £39.4 million (2012: £31.8 million), with underlying organic revenue growth of 7% (2012: 11%)
- 51% increase in adjusted operating profits1 to £5.5 million (2012: £3.7 million)
- 40% increase in profit before tax to £3.5 million (2012: £2.5 million)
- 28% increase in adjusted basic earnings per share to 5.0p (2012: 3.9p)
- Strong balance sheet and good cash generation, resulting in cash balances of £6.3 million (2012: £4.8 million) after dividend payment (£1.5 million) and cost of investing activities (£3.0 million)
- A 9% increase to the proposed dividend for 2013 to 1.5 pence (2012: 1.375 pence)
- Enhanced identity intelligence capabilities through strategic acquisition of TMG.tv Limited and increased investment in Loqate, Inc.
- Five new countries added to the Group’s international EIDV service, ID3global, including China and Argentina, increasing the number of countries covered to 20 (2012: 15) and the number of people GBGroup is able to verify globally from 0.7 billion to 2 billion
- Complete brand refresh post year end, including renaming of the divisions: DataAuthentication becomes Identity Proofing and DataSolutions becomes Identity Solutions
Note 1: adjusted operating profit means profits before share of results from associates, interest, tax, share based payment charges, amortisation of acquired intangibles, acquisition related costs and non-recurring acquisition integration costs.
Commenting, Richard Law, Chief Executive, said:
“Increasingly, commerce is being influenced by the online world and an ever more mobile population. Organisations now trade and interact with many more customers, over longer distances and in situations that are rarely face-to-face presenting new challenges for verifying and maintaining contact with customers. In the year ahead, we will continue to focus on making business easier and safer for our clients by investing in our international verification network (ID3global) and in widening our capabilities in other areas to strengthen our position in this significant global market.
“I am very pleased with the progress achieved by GBGroup over the last year. Our professional and talented team has performed excellently and continues to grow in skill and strength. This, taken together with the positive growth prospects for our markets, means we remain confident for the year ahead.”
For further information, please contact:
GB Group plc
Richard Law, Chief Executive
Dave Wilson, Finance Director
T: 01244 657333
Peel Hunt LLP (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
T: 020 7418 8900
T: 020 7653 9850
Notes to Editors
The most profitable and successful organisations recognise the value of understanding the individual identity of their customers and employees. GBG combines this concept of identity with technology to create an environment of trust, so that organisations can employ people and connect, communicate and transact with consumers, safely and responsibly.
We call this Identity Intelligence.
GBG’s Identity Intelligence solutions include:
Register & Verify - International software and services for quick and accurate customer registration; and the verification of identities of individuals & businesses remotely.
Cleanse & Engage – Innovative software and services which provide accurate and up-to-date identity information to deliver improved intelligent customer contact strategies.
Employ & Comply – Thorough background checks through online verification and authentication of individuals enabling organisations to safeguard, recruit and engage with confidence.
Trace & Investigate – Leading software and services which provide the most accurate and up-to-date picture of the UK’s population, properties and businesses to quickly locate, investigate and contact the right individual, first time.
- Ends -