|Date||November 19, 2019, 12.00 to November 19, 15.00|
|Location||University of Leicester|
|Venue||University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH|
University HR & Admission Professionals Free Networking Lunch & Learn Event
This event is designed to be informal and interactive where you will have the opportunity to hear from the following guest speakers:
Dominic Headley - founder of Dominic Headley & Associates (DHA), a specialist consultancy practice that provides expert advice, training and support to employers across all sectors so that they can recruit safely and fairly. As the former legal officer at Nacro, Dominic is considered one of the foremost experts in the UK on managing criminal records within the workplace. Dominic is a trusted expert adviser to numerous government departments on criminal record policy matters and the author of the Nacro guide "Recruiting safely and fairly: a practical guide to employers ex-offenders" which was developed in partnership with the DBS and CIPD.
Dominic's session will be interactive and cover the following:
• Open recruitment – how recruiting from a wider pool of potential talent can improve the diversity of the workforce;
• Understanding legislation that governs disclosure ROA 1974 and ROA Exceptions Order;
• Implications for employers in light of planned changes to DBS filtering regime;
• Gathering criminal record information – the implications of GDPR/DPA 2018 on recruitment policies and process;
• DBS eligibility – The DBS eligibility challenge;
• Understanding criminal record disclosure information;
• Incorporating the Recruiting Fairly Principles.
Jill Meyerhoff, Head of Culturepot, is an OISC regulated Immigration adviser and recruitment specialist. Jill is a lobbyist for positive immigration. She has worked in recruitment with a focus on international labour markets since the mid 1990’s. During a long career Jill has developed a detailed understanding of the international recruitment process and how to make it work for some of the UK’s leading employers. Key to her success is maintaining an intricate knowledge of the changing UK immigration rules and how they affect the employment landscape.
Jill’s presentation will address the following hot topics:
• Ensuring Right to Work compliance
• Sanctions against illegal working
• The Right to Work landscape post-Brexit
Register your place now using the form below:
Add event to your calendar
- Outlook 2019-11-19 12:00:00 2019-11-19 15:00:00 Europe/London Networking Lunch & Learn Event Networking Lunch & Learn Event University of Leicester GBG email@example.com
- Google Cal 2019-11-19 12:00:00 2019-11-19 15:00:00 Europe/London Networking Lunch & Learn Event Networking Lunch & Learn Event University of Leicester GBG firstname.lastname@example.org
- iCalendar 2019-11-19 12:00:00 2019-11-19 15:00:00 Europe/London Networking Lunch & Learn Event Networking Lunch & Learn Event University of Leicester GBG email@example.com